Wednesday, April 1, 2009

After much thinking..I got myself a video camera. Good stuff. A Panasonic. However after a month of playing with it I still prefer my EOS 450D SLR. Video although fun it can't really capture the moment unlike still photography...I do have an idea though..."TRAINING VIDEOS !!" At this time I'm still the camera operator , editor and director. I'll need a camera operator if I want to star in my own vid's.

This Vid shows Norizan on a stationary roller. A very usefull piece of equipment. Half an hour on it is like an hour on the road. You don't slow because of trafic, stop at traffic lights. and so forth....

Another good use for the roller is you can do seated sprints. A large percentage of recreational cyclists/triathletes spend toooo much time cycling at an aerobic level. Doing speed intervals will really assist in your overall speed.

2 comments:

Man CIOCC said...

Salam bro Amir,
I've tried using the stationary roller every now & then but I get bored easily.
Having a TV in front of you / a SONY Walkman (Sony walkman?) is not much help either.
Any better ideas?

tri-amir said...

Ah! Rollers can be very boring. The best way to use them is for very specific work. Half an hour to 40 mins is enough. Concentrate on spinning, trying to get a nice smooth pedal stroke. Once in a while do sprint intervals. 15 to 30 seconds like they do in the velodrome. or a few minutes at a time trial pace
Music is OK especialy yang dance tempo with drums..Lady Gaga is hot nowadays