Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Swimsuit Issue

Aini finishing the Port Dickson Tri.

Kimberly Yap also at PD.

A comment by Aini( bola2api) on Norizan wearing a swimsuit at the A'Formosa Tri. gave me inspiration for this entry. A few months ago this topic cropped up in swimbikerunmalaysia and I was pro swimsuit...I guess being involved in international level sport, makes me/us a bit more preocupied with what to wear than an age-grouper whose in in for fun and whose not to bothered with how long they take to put on something with a bit more coverage. We have set specific targets in triathlon ,and doing well in them is one of the targets , so time and performance during race is critical. Ease of motion , heat dissapation , rate of sweat has always been important to an athlete.

I have taken the responsibility and probably the sins of asking Norizan to wear a swimsuit however I do know what she's like as a person and I confident that what she wears while in sport is not detrimental to her, to her race and religion. I do to respect those who hold firmly to Islam's law of modest dressing even during sports and don't use it as a reason not to participate in sports.
Ride on Sports Fans..

2 comments:

kookykash said...

The women in Beijing Olympics wore sleeveless tri suits too.

bola2api said...

dude,

alamak i didn't mean it in a bad way lah.

I also don't mind if other ppl wanted to race in swimsuit. gua takde hal punya. it's up to you.

u are right about the heat dissipation thing. personally for me, I find that covering my skin saved the skin from burning too much in the sun and I guess, my body has adapted to my kind of dressing, so i didn't feel too dehydrated or heating up inside while I dressed up like that.

Plus, i'm just racing for fun, takde target nak menang podium ker haper. So I took my own sweet time changing and dressing up during PD tri haha..

see u both in future races insya allah..

I nak pic tu buleh? tolong send to bola2api at gmail dot com.. thanks